Sunday, 17 March 2013

Marian's Sampler Quilt

Now THIS is a quilt! And I am tremendously proud to have been a part of this creation. Marian's applique and sewing capabilities are absolutely top-notch! (so I'm only going to whisper to you that she is a beginner quilter! This is only her third quilt!)

I don't know if I have said this before but perfect patchwork and perfect applique work make for perfect quilting (or close to perfect)! In any case, it makes the life of a quilter so much easier when the piecing has been executed well. Everything was dead straight, joints met perfectly, seam were pressed well, no bulk to work away. It was an absolute pleasure to work on Marian's quilts.

I'm looking forward to the next one, which she has already booked with me.

Lot's of pics to follow:

 
 












 
 
Happy Quilting!
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment