Saturday, 12 January 2013

Marulé's Girl Baby Quilt


Hi there,

This was my last project for 2012, the Client picked it up 2 days before Christmas and she was very happy with it. I was also very pleased with how this one turned out. I especially love the flowers. It was fun to do.




The Unicorn in the centre was embroidered on the new Bernina 780. Stunning machine, even more stunning stitch quality.



I made the flower petals using a paper template (printed from EQ7) and cut two pieces of fabric for each petal. I then sewed them together, leaving the bottom open to turn the petal out. The centres of the flowers were embroidered with my Bernina Aurora 440, I've inserted the petals at a certain point before the final satin stitch was sewn. All of this was done after the entire quilt was complete, quilted and bound, so that I could see what each flowers' relationship with the bound edge would be.



On the quilting - there is set flowers in a pink & purple variegated Mettler thread. These flowers were quilted from my QuiltMotion Software as I wanted them to be perfect. The rest of the quilting was done freehand with white Mettler Metrolene. Metrolene is normally used as looper thread for overlocking. But it's a very fine, very strong thread and worked beautifully as quilting thread.

 

This image below is the design I did on EQ7.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment